Monday, September 19, 2005

What I've been up to

I've been a bit absent around here lately. In fact, I haven't been doing a whole lot online lately. I've spent a bit of time working on the grid walls for my display booth. As of last week, that's finally complete. I'll post the pics and a detailed description of it tomorrow. I took a one day lighthouse trip up to the thumb area...got a couple new lighthouses and revisited a few others we saw before. I haven't got the pics online yet. I've worked on framing a few more pictures for sale. I've got about 1/3 the number of framed pics I'll need for my display to look decent. So that's my primary focus now.

Other than that, I haven't been doing a whole lot photography related lately. Just been enjoying summer, catching up on hobbies, doing a bit of work around the house, reinstalling my computer from scratch (I try to do that every couple of years, plus I got a new/bigger hard drive for my photos), and that sort of stuff.

I think we're going to try and take another trip as soon as we get another good weekend. Actually, we are considering a few different trips coming up...but it will depend on money, weather, and timing as to how many/which ones we make. We'd like to revisit the lighthouses in the area of Lake Michigan from Manistee to Petosky. We didn't spend much time at those ones last time there, as we hadn't quite taken up our full fledged interest in lighthouse. Plus it was raining/stormy, so we didn't do more than take a few shots from as close to the car as possible (and also, my wife's camera had a shutter failure so none of those pics exposed). We also want to hit a few of the closer ones in the upper peninsula, but we might try to time that trip to coincide with the fall tree colors. I've been trying to keep an eye on the butterfly situation at point Pelee...time a trip there on a weekend when butterflies are abundant. They only had 6 a few weekends ago. Last weekend they had about 100. I've heard they can get up to 500-1000 per day. That's what I'm hoping to time it for. Finally, I'd like to visit Hocking Hills in Ohio, but again, I'm thinking that might be a nice trip for when the trees are changing colors.

As I said, I'll have a detailed writeup on my grid walls tomorrow. For now, here's a quick teaser pic:


No comments: