Saturday, May 19, 2007

Quick Update

I just wanted to get a quick update in. I haven't posted much here for the better part of 2 weeks. I've only made 1 post in that time, and it probably looks like I'm returning to my old ways. However, I have an excuse this time (although don't I always).


First, I got my Canon iPF5000 almost 2 weeks ago and have been busy playing with it, evaluating prints, trying to learn more about it, and researching papers I'd like to order. I'll post more on the printer soon.

Second, I just got back from a 6 day trip through the Smoky Mountain and Blue Ridge Parkway National Parks. In the few days before that, I had some planning to do. And now that I'm back I have some catching up to do. I'll try to post some of those photos once I get a chance to go through them.

Third, a week before I was to leave, the mirror on my Canon Digital Rebel broke. It was a $200 repair, and that gave me 2 issues. For one, I'm not really sure the camera is worth investing $200 into (its 3 years old). For another, since I was leaving for vacation in a week, I didn't exactly have time to wait for it to get repaired. Well, I did some research and found out how to repair it myself for $5. The repair worked great. I'll post more info on that soon, also.

Hopefully in the next few days I'll pick up where I left off in my multi part series.


No comments: