Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I won in a photo contest

I just found out last week that a couple of my photographs won in a contest. The University of Michigan - Dearborn held a photo contest in September: A Day in the Life of UM-Dearborn. There were 4 categories:

Student Life - photo of students
Faculty/Staff - photo of faculty/staff
Nature - must be on campus
Black & White - open category, but must either be on campus or include student/faculty/staff.

You could submit up to 5 photos. I submitted 4 photos: 2 in the nature category and 2 in the black & white category. I skipped the other categories....people really isn't my specialty. Well, 2 of my photographs won. Here are the winners (click on each picture for the full size image.

Living Among Us
Nature


The Mardigian Sky
Black & White



Also, here are the 2 photograph that didn't win.

The Shining Sun


Reflected Design



As a winner, my photographs will be professionally enlarged and framed. They will hang in the University Center for 1 year. After that, I get to take them home and keep them. I'm really quite excited.

No comments: